CISAR (Central Illinois Small Animal Rescue & Care Center) is a no kill shelter and low-cost vet clinic supported by local businesses and people like you.
Check out our Low-Cost Vet Clinic! Call 309-724-8241 to learn more about the services our professional vets offer.
We are now boarding dogs/cats for $15.00 a day and grooming for $25.00!
DID YOU KNOW: We have saved over 10,430 cats and dogs since we have opened!!! (stats given in August 2012) THANK YOU for all those out there that have adopted, fostered and volunteered your time and talents for CISAR. WE APPRECIATE YOU!!
Have a pet and looking for an apartment?
We know the apartments that ALLOW pets!! http://www.apartmentlist.com/
- My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you will be very painful.
- Give me time to understand what you want of me.
- Place your trust in me, it is crucial for my well being.
- Don’t be angry with me for long, and don’t lock me up for punishment. I have only you.
- Talk to me, even if I don’t understand your voice when its speaking to me.
- Be aware however you treat me I will never forget.
- Before you hit me, remember that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand, but I choose not to bite.
- Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I am not getting the right food, I’ve been out in the sun too long, or my hear might be getting old and weak.
- Take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
- Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, I can’t bear to watch it or let it happen in my absence. Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember. I LOVE YOU!
If you cannot adopt an animal, please help CISAR in other ways. Monetary donations are always welcome, but we can also use other types of donations. See CISAR’s wish list for items that are needed